BBQ Piri Piri Duck
1 whole Luv A Duck
¼ cup olive oil
2 limes zested & juiced
3 Tablespoons Portuguese (Piri Piri) seasoning
1 long red sweet chilli finely chopped
1 lemon zested and juiced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Prepare the Luv A Duck Whole Duck by removing the neck, cut the duck along the backbone on the underside removing the parson’s nose at the same time.
- Combine the oil, lime zest and juice, Portuguese seasoning, chilli, lemon zest and juice and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the duck skin side down in a non-metallic dish and rub over half the marinade.
- Turn the duck over and rub in the remaining marinade. Allow duck to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Lay the duck skin side up in the baking dish and roast in the pre-heated BBQ or oven at 190°C for approximately 1 hour basting frequently.
- Allow duck to rest 10-15 minutes prior to serving.