Creamy Chicken Salad with Basil Pesto
2 ½ chicken breast
3 large garlic cloves smashed
1 shallot thinly sliced
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ Sandhurst basil pesto
1. Place the chicken breasts in a large saucepan and fill with enough water or chicken stock to cover by about an inch.
2. Add the garlic, shallots, wine and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring the mixture to the boil. Immediately remove from heat and cove. L:et stand for about 20 minutes or until the chicken reads 75°C on an instant read thermometer.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent with foil.
5. Set the chicken aside until cool enough to handle, slice into bite sized cubes.
6. Place diced chicken and pesto in a bowl and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Refrigerate for a few hours.
Before serving, toss with walnuts, halved cherry
tomatoes and a generous handful of parmesan cheese.