Frozen Christmas Pudding
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
1 cup (250ml) water
½ cup (85g) currants
¾ cup (100g) sweetened dried cranberries
2L vanilla ice cream
2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon cinnamon
85g unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped
¼ cup (60ml) brandy
Blackberries and raspberries to serve
Icing sugar for dusting
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Place the currants and cranberries in a bowl and pour over the sugar mixture.
- Set aside for 10 minutes or until the fruit is plump.
- Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Place the ice cream, vanilla and cinnamon in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 1 minute or until softened.
- Stir through the currant mixture, pistachios and brandy and spoon into a 1.75 litre pudding basin lined with muslin.
- Top with a round of non stick baking paper and freeze for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Top with berries and dust with icing sugar. Serves 8-10.