Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
1/3 cup (80ml) pineapple juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
500g chicken breast, diced
1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced crossways
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar and soy sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Thread chicken pieces onto 4 metal skewers. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat barbeque or griddle pan to medium high.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 minutes each side and is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook the pineapple for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
- While the pineapple is cooking, place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes and the mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the mesculin, tomatoes, carrot, onion, cucumber, pineapple and chicken skewers on a large serving plate. Pour over marinade. Season and serve.