Honey Sesame Lamb Cutlets
¼ cup honey
¼ cup tamari
1 tablespoon siracha sauce, plus extra to serve
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 lamb cutlets, French trimmed
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 baby gem lettuce, cut into wedges
2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, then sliced diagonally
2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
1 cup shredded red cabbage
2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
2 long red chillies, thinly sliced diagonally
Japanese- style mayonnaise, to serve
- Combine honey, tamari, chilli sauce, garlic. Sesame oil and sesame seeds in a medium jug. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 2 minutes each side or until browned.
- Add 2/3 of the honey mixture. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and lamb is coasted in sauce.
- Stir vinegar into remaining honey mixture.
- Place lettuce, cucumber, carrot and cabbage onto a serving tray. Drizzle with the honey mixture. Top with lamb. Sprinkle with onion and chilli serve with extra chilli and mayonnaise.