Loaded Sweet Potato Fries with Beef Rump
500g beef rump strips
550g sweet potatoes, sliced lengthways
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
1 avocado, diced
Juice of ½ lemon
250g punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
80g feta cheese, crumbled
2 green onions sliced
Sour cream, to serve
- Preheat sandwich press. Lightly spray the sweet potato with olive oil. Cook the potatoes in the sandwich press for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway. Set aside to cool slightly then slice into 1cm thick fries.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef strips, cumin, garlic powder and chilli powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and cooked through.
- In a bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place sweet potatoes on a plate. Top with beef mixture, avocado and tomato. Sprinkle with feta and green onions. Serve with sour cream and mixed salad.