Maple Prawn Noodle Salad
180g packet dried ramen noodles
2 zucchini, cut into ribbons
80g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 cup podded edamame
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sesame oil, plus extra to drizzle
1kg raw banana prawns, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
60g baby spinach
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook noodles following packet instructions, adding zucchini, beans, snow peas and edamame for the last 30 seconds of the cooking time. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine maple syrup, garlic, soy sauce, chilli and 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Heat oil on a barbeque hotplate on medium high heat. Cook prawns for 2 minutes each side.
- Drizzle with half of the maple mixture.
- Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until prawns are coated and cooked through.
- Divide spinach and noodles among serving plates.
- Top with prawns.
- Drizzle with remaining maple mixture and extra oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with lime wedges.