Nutmeg Donuts with Berry Icing
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sunny side frozen mixed berries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a donut pan.
2. Combine flours and the next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
3. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, eggs, honey, butter, and vanilla, stirring well with a whisk.
4. Add wet mixture to flour mixture, whisk until just combined.
5. Spoon batter into donut pans, filling two thirds full.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for around 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched and are golden on bottom.
let cool in pan slightly then turn onto a wire rack.
7. For the berry icing: over the stove, cook berries with sugar and a couple tablespoons of water over medium heat until the berries are cooked down to a sauce ( around 15 minutes ). Strain into a bowl to get rid of any seeds then ass 1 1/12 cups of icing sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well.