Pineapple and Pork Skewers
400g pork fillet
4 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
60ml cider vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
1 green capsicum, deseeded and cut into squares
4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 4 equal lengths
Small bunch coriander, chopped
Cooked rice, to serve
1. Dice the pork.
2. Heat the sugar and vinegar in a pan over a low heat until the sugar melts.
3. Add the fish sauce and cool.
4. Add the pork and mix well so that all the cubes are covered in sauce.
5. Heat the barbeque or griddle pan.
6. Thread the pork and pineapple onto skewers, alternating pieces with the capsicum and spring onion.
7. Cook the skewers for 3-4 minutes each side (you may need to cook for longer if using the griddle pan).
8. Serve with rice.