Speedy Summer Vegetable Pasta
1 red capsicum
1 red onion
375g cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
100g prosciutto slices
375g dried spaghetti
2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2/3 cup small basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat.
4. Thinly slice the zucchini, capsicum and onion.
5. Halve the tomatoes.
6. Place the vegetables in the centre of 1 prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil.
7. Place prosciutto around the edge of the tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and prosciutto is crisp.
8. Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following the packet instructions.
9. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
10. Meanwhile combine breadcrumbs and parmesan on the remaining lined tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
11. Combine vinegar and remaining oil in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Break prosciutto into large pieces. Add to pasta with vegetables, cooking liquid and basil. Season well with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
13. Serve drizzles with vinegar mixture and sprinkled with breadcrumb mixture.