Sunrise Sorbet Cake
2L vanilla ice cream
250g packet butternut snap cookies
75g melted butter
750ml mango sorbet
750ml berry sorbet
1 Large sliced mango to decorate
12 mini vanilla meringues, to decorate
Passionfruit and lime syrup
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 passionfruit, halved
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Grease a 7cm deep, 9cm x 25.5ccm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
2. Place ice cream in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
3. Meanwhile, process the biscuits in a food processor until fine breadcrumbs form. Add butter. Process until combined.
4. Spoon ice cream and sorbets, alternating, into prepared pan, gently pressing with the back of a spoon as you layer to remove any air bubbles.
5. Top with biscuit mixture, pressing to secure. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
6. Make passionfruit and lime syrup.
7. Place sugar, passionfruit pulp and lime juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
8. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
9. Increase heat to high. Bring to boil. Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
10. Stand ice cream cake at room temperature for 5 minutes. Turn onto a serving plate.
11. Remove and discard the baking paper.
12. Decorate with mango, meringues, lime zest, and drizzle with passionfruit and lime syrup.
13. Serve immediately.