1 tablespoon olive oil
1kg HANS pulled beef
1 red onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 rosemary sprigs
2 dried bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, chopped
250ml dry white wine
700g tomato passata
1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
250ml beef stock
2 fennel bulbs, fronds reserved, cut into thin wedges
500g rigatoni pasta
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, rosemary and bay leaves to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes. Add the passata and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add the Hans pulled beef to the pan and cook, stirring until heated through.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fennel to the sauce. Cook stirring for 10 minutes or until fennel is softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following the packet instructions. Drain.
- Add sauce and beef to the pasta.
- Serve topped with reserved fennel fronds.